NELLA Tessuti was founded in 1953 thanks to the initiative of Mrs. Nella Bottazzi and her connections with “Pancaldi”, a well known Italian silk products manufacture. During the 1980s Rossano Salicini joined his mother in the firm and approached the best Italian manufacturers of prêt-à-porter fashions in search of high quality fabrics, while the main store moved to the current location in Baricella, in Bologna province. The boutique shop, situated in the heart of Bologna, was created has a precious treasure chest, to offer the best “Haute Couture” products to retail customers and ateliers. At the end of the 1990s the company began to enter foreign markets by opening a shop in Los Angeles, stipulating an agreement with a Canadian retail chain and unveiling a new sales outlet in Hungary. Meanwhile, the flow of foreign wholesale customers, looking for our valuable Made in Italy products, increases and adds new provenances: nowadays our products reach up to more than 40 different countries.
Nella e Rossano Bologna anni'50